Can I attend my gay daughter's "marriage"

We are catholic and the parents of 5 children. (30, 28, 25, 22, 14) We have tried to raise them all in the catholic faith. Our oldest daughter told us she was gay at age 23. We were caught completely off guard. After lots of time, prayer and sorting things out we have come to an equilibrium. Our daughter, who we love dearly, gets to be gay and we get to be catholic. We have been told by one of the other kids that our daughter may be planning to marry her partner. This will open up a new can of heartache if we do not attend the wedding. We believe in marriage as defined by the church and more importantly God. So, in this year of mercy when the pope has said “Who am I to judge” we want to ask?

Can/should we attend the wedding? Can we provide financial support? What should we tell our 14 year old who becomes more and more confused about these issues?

If your counsel is not to attend the wedding, how should we respond to the hurt/sadness/anger?

I look forward to and counsel you can offer…thanks!

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on attending same sex marriages. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Should I attend my brother’s same-sex “marriage”?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.