Can I attended any church?

If I visit relatives (such as over holidays), can I attend Mass at any Catholic Church in their vicinity, or am I bound to only attend the Church I am a parishioner of, since I have not yet been confirmed into the Church yet.

This is a dilemma for me, as I don’t want to miss Mass without valid reason, but I don’t want to hurt my family’s feelings either by not visiting them. Any advice?

Code of Canon Law:

Can. 1248 §1. A person who assists at a Mass celebrated anywhere in a Catholic rite either on the feast day itself or in the evening of the preceding day satisfies the obligation of participating in the Mass.

You can attend any Mass at any Catholic church anywhere in the world.

However, your profile says you are in RCIA. If you are a non-Catholic who will become a Catholic then you do not have an obligation to attend Mass on Sundays. If you are a Catholic who is simply awaiting the sacrament of confirmation, then your Sunday obligation is in place and you may attend anywhere.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.