Can I baptize my son's baby without him knowing?

My son converted to Islam for his wife and now appears to be brain washed after meeting every week with his wife’s father. I pray every day that someday he’ll see the light and come back. Is it wrong for me to baptize his baby secretly?
Thank you,
Sad Mom

Can. 868 §1. For an infant to be baptized licitly:

1/ the parents or at least one of them or the person who legitimately takes their place must consent;

2/ there must be a founded hope that the infant will be brought up in the Catholic religion…

It would be illicit to baptize a child without the consent of the parents. There’s also the issue of the fact the child will not be raised Catholic. While such a baptism would be valid, the Church says it should not take place under these circumstances.

It can be very difficult to when a child leaves the faith and raises their family in another faith. St. Monica prayed for her son for 17 years before he converted, perhaps she can be of prayerful solace for you.

God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.