Can I be baptized by the Catholic Church and still choose not to become a Catholic?

I think the Roman Catholic Church MAY be the one true Church but I’m not totally convinced. When I was 17 years old I was baptized as a oneness pentecostal under the formula, “I baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins”. My understanding is the Catholic Church and most Protestant churches don’t hold this to be a valid baptism. This is why I want to be baptized by the Catholic Church.

Thanks

Hi,

For over two thousand years the Catholic Church alone has been around. It’s only founder is Jesus Christ. It does require a commitment as does Jesus. To be baptized in the Catholic Church is to become a Catholic. To follow Jesus into His Church, one must release control and submit one’s life to Him unconditionally. We will pray that you are given the grace to do so.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.