can I change my Confirmation name?

Let us say that i picked a saint to name myself after for my Confirmation years ago, but later discovered things about this saint that i don’t really relate with, and am nolong as interested in associating myself with him as i once was (to keep this thread from veering off in another direction, i am not mentioning what saint).
Is it possible to change my Confirmation name and pick a different saint? I know this isn’t an extremely important thing, since we hardly ever use our C-names, but i’ve never heard whether or not there is a way to change them.

[quote=tractarian]Let us say that i picked a saint to name myself after for my Confirmation years ago, but later discovered things about this saint that i don’t really relate with, and am nolong as interested in associating myself with him as i once was (to keep this thread from veering off in another direction, i am not mentioning what saint).
Is it possible to change my Confirmation name and pick a different saint? I know this isn’t an extremely important thing, since we hardly ever use our C-names, but i’ve never heard whether or not there is a way to change them.
[/quote]

this was answered in a post with the exact question a week or so ago… the bottom line? NO… but who’s to know… pick you a new one if you wish… i havent’s seen the confirmation police in a while… :thumbsup:

There is already a Thread on this: New Name for Confirmation Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Oh!:o
Funny, i did a search for confirmation and name in any posts, and it didn’t find that so i figured i was being original. Ah well.
Thanks a lot!:slight_smile:

Though you can’t change your confirmation name, you can always adopt a patron saint with whom you really connect and wish to emulate. Celebrate your patron’s feast day and do everything you can to make yourself live up to his/her holy ways.

[font=Garamond][size=3](to keep this thread from veering off in another direction, i am not mentioning what saint).

[/size][/font]Perhaps you should mention which saint. It’s possible someone on this forum will have some information about their lives of which you were not aware, something that you could relate to.

Rather than think of changing the name, I would suggest praying to God, asking Him to help you see your confirmed identity. Really work on reading information about the saint, and maybe even pray a novena to him/her asking for guidance in relating your life to theirs. I’m sure God helped you select your Confirmation name for a purpose, you just have to see it.
God Bless,

Justin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.