Can I change my Confirmation Saint?

Hello,

I’m just enquiring about Confirmation names. I made my confirmation when I was 11 or 12 years old and we were all told to pick a Saints name to take as our Patron. Being the age I was and, in my opinion, not having the best Catholic School education, I just chose a name a member of my family had chosen without really thinking about it and to be honest, at that age I didn’t really understand the lives of the saints and did not pay much attention as I thought it was just the thing to do.

My question is, would it be possible for me to change my Confirmation saint name for another Saint that I feel a close affinity with? I can’t seem to connect whatsoever with the Saint I chose and would like to choose a Saint that I feel connected with and could imitate in my own life.

Thank you for your time!

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on changing your Confirmation name. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
Can I change my confirmation name?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.