Can I change my Patron Saint?

I was wondering, if I can change my Patron Saint I chose during Confirmation?

[quote="Akiliane, post:1, topic:325136"]
I was wondering, if I can change my Patron Saint I chose during Confirmation?

[/quote]

Not until we discover time travel.

What you can do is adopt a devotion to any saint you want at any time.

[quote="aemcpa, post:2, topic:325136"]

[/quote]

:extrahappy::whacky::rotfl:

[quote="aemcpa, post:2, topic:325136"]

[/quote]

I have adopted St Pius X as he was very devoted to the blessed sacrament and a traditionalist

I believe you can just keep adding on--they are amazing friends to have I have two saints I consider my patrons although I ended up choosing just one for my confirmation. :thumbsup:

Have you already been Confirmed?

If you have already been Confirmed, then your Confirmation Saint will always be your Confirmation Saint.

If you have yet to be confirmed, you do not yet have a Confirmation Saint, maybe you thought you knew who your Confirmation Saint would be and now wish to change saints before actually receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.

A priest once told me that we do not pick our saints, they pick us.

We can have many patron saints, special saints to whom we feel special connections. Just like our close friends on earth, we can have lots of close friends in heaven who are our Patron Saints.

I understand completely. Sometimes our relationships with our patron saint become strained. We can even become angry with them. Since you cannot change your patron saint, you could acquire a statue of your patron and turn it around to face the wall.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.