Can I confess online?

I am so fearful of going to confession, that I haven’t been in years. I mean, truly fearful, that as the eyes of other parishoneeers see me, I may pass out. My heart is racing as I type this. We are a small community, where everyone knows everyone, yet I am not particularly comfortable with my pastor, especially to confess face to face.

I pray nightly that God will forgive me, but I feel I need to go to confession, somehow. I pray for strength, but week after week, [which has become year after year], something is holding me back.

Seems years ago, some churches offered pennitnetial services with absolution, [confession without the confesional]. Is that still done? Is it in accord with RC doctrine? I’ve thought about driving to another area, just for confession, and it embarrasses me to admit that. But since I haven’t done that, again, what is holding me back? Please help me get over this irrrational fear.

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]May one go to confession online?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.