Can I do this?

My mom and I (and possibly my other family members) are probably going to Confession this Saturday. Is it OK if I tell her some things I think she should say, or should I just have faith in God to tell her what to say? I know no one is perfect, and I have some things I really want to say as well.

[quote="coolcatholicguy, post:1, topic:199729"]
My mom and I (and possibly my other family members) are probably going to Confession this Saturday. Is it OK if I tell her some things I think she should say, or should I just have faith in God to tell her what to say? I know no one is perfect, and I have some things I really want to say as well.

[/quote]

Seriously? You think you should tell your MOM, what sins SHE should confess?

[/quote]

I can't imagine why you would want to tell someone what they need to confess.

The only thing that would be close is to do an internet search for "examination of conscience" and print one out for yourself and her.

[/quote]

Did your Mom ask for your help? If not, I would think that you would have more than enough to do to take care of your own confession.

BTW, why don't you ask your Mom if she knows of some sins YOU can confess. Bet she could come up with a few:p:p

Telling your mom what to confess? That should go over well.

If you believe your mom doesn't know Catholic teaching, do what the other poster suggested and print out an examination of conscience that lists sins.

But outright confronting your mom about her behavior and telling her she should confess it and stop doing it is really pretty outrageous, and likely won't be well received.

NO and it is not alright if she tells you what to say. that is why confession is private and confidential. leave off worrying about your mother’s sins, and concentrate on your own and your contrition for them

If I were you, I would try to work out whatever problems you are having with your family with your priest outside of the confessional, if possible.

My mom and I (and possibly my other family members) are probably going to Confession this Saturday. Is it OK if I tell her some things I think she should say, or should I just have faith in God to tell her what to say?

[/quote]

Who the heck do you think you are?

It could be that she needs to know what a venial and a mortal sin is, and instruction for that is quite sound.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.