Can I go to confession if I am not publicly confirmed?

I believe in all the teachings of the Church. I am baptized in the name of the Trinity and I just attended my first mass. I have a desire to go to confession, there were some things I did today that were not pleasing to God. Nothing serious, but my desire is to be as close to God as possible. Can I go to confession since I believe in the all the doctrines of the Catholic church and am Baptized in the name of the Trinity just not publiclly confirmed? Thanks.

My only desire is to please you Lord. Amen

Talk to your RCIA director about it. I believe that a Protestant can go to the Catholic Confession once in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, prior to Confirmation. I don’t know if they can go more than once, and that once is about changing our past lives around and coming into unity with Rome. So I think the correct answer is you can go to Confession at least once, but I recommend asking your RCIA director or the Catholic priest of your local parish about this before going.

Undoubtedly someone around here knows more about it than I do, though, so that might not be necessary.

Not to play on words - you can go to confession and confess but you will not recieve absolution from the priest. Are you enrolled in RCIA?, have you spoken to the Priest about working toward communion with the Catholic Church?

As Texas Roofer points out, the Church is ready for you and has a process in place to bring you into full communion. This isn’t a do-it-yourself thing, but something you do with the parish community.

Call your parish and talk with the RCIA director. Receive the instruction you need so that you can make a profession of faith and complete your sacraments of initiation. The sacraments of initiation are not only Baptism and Confirmation, but First Eucharist as well. You’ll also have the opportunity to celebrate the sacrament of Reconciliation before receiving Confirmation and Communion.

Welcome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.