Can i go to confession in the Vatican

Hello everyone i go to Rome in a few hours. And i havent confessed in a very long time do you know if its possible to go to confesion in the vatican ?

Is there English speaking priets there?

I havent confessed in a long time so have sort of forgot how to. I am going to write down what i have to say is this right?

As you make the sign of the cross say, " Bless me Father for I have sinned it has been (how many weeks, months, or years approximately.) since my last confession." “I accuse myself of the following sins.”

CONFESS MY SINS

he will give you penance- normally prayers or to do a good deed or something of the sort.

Father will then ask you to say the Act of Contrition.

I then say-

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy.

Is the above right ?

Father will now grant you absolution. Listen attentively to his blessing and make the sign of the cross as he blesses you.
And say Amen

thankyou everyone

Yes you can go to confesion in the Vatican. They have an area where there are confessionals (they are different than you will usually see here in the states) There are signs at each one that say the language that the preist hearing confessions can speak so you can go to the one that speaks English (or another language if you are fuluent in it).

Your outline of how to confess is fine.

Have fun on your trip. Maybe you can share some of it when you get back.

thanks guys

just to clear things up do i say the Act of Contrition to the priest. Or once i have left the confession.

just to clear things up do i say the Act of Contrition to the priest. Or once i have left the confession.

Make your Act of Contrition to the priest before he gives you absolution and before he prescribes your penance. My priest always asks me to make an Act of Contrition before he grants me absolution, maybe the priests in the Vatican will do the same.

If you are not asked to say an Act of Contrition while in the confesional, that is legit, and it is perfectly OK to say it outside the confessional when you are finished.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.