Can I hide a forum area?

If there is a forum section that I do not wish to see, nor see topics posted to that area, can I mute the whole thing? Specifically “Lounge”. Thank you.
Dominus vobiscum

profile -> preferences -> categories -> muted . just type it in there.

4 Likes

Thank you. You are a great person.
Dominus vobiscum

1 Like

It shows up in the list with the “not muted” symbol. Clicking on it (title) just makes it disappear. I think Im having an old man moment…
Added: I’m a dunce this morning. The bell with the line through it IS the MUTE sign, duh. Coffee, stat!

1 Like

I see something similar to the box at the bottom of a thread in the top right in category view.

1 Like

Actually down the bottom of this thread you’ll see “Bookmark + Share + Flag + Reply” and beneath this is “Watching” (for me on desktop computer). You can change this “Watching” to Muted. So go to the particular forum, go to the last post, and change it to mute from there.

1 Like

This is a screenshot of what I see in the Muted section of my profile/preferences/categories/muted section.

And don’t forget to click the blue Save Changes.

If you click on the X - doing so will remove it from this muted list and you’ll be able to see it again.

1 Like

Might be an IPad thing going on. (IPad pro big fancy one is what I usually use here)
Yup, it will show up in the “not muted” box fine. Try to click on it’s title and it disappears. I would think if it’s not on a “not muted” (confused yet?) list, it would, be muted.
I might have to just open the thread, scroll down and axe it that way if that works.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. Took me a minute to figure out I could look at the most recent post, (without scrolling through 6,500 to the beginning) then mute it from there.
Dominus vobiscum!
I’ll leave this here in case someone else has the need for hand-holding to fix their problem too. :blush:

1 Like

We’re happy to be of some assistance to you. God bless.

1 Like

LOL yes, I did that about three times and had to “search” again.
“Lord, have mercy”
Dominus vobiscum

1 Like

Oh well, there’s a learning curve to everything …including using this forum. God bless.

1 Like

Similar. Can we make “The Disclaimer” thing at the bottom go away also?
Dominus vobiscum

I don’t think so…on my iPad, it’s quite small but there isn’t any way to delete or hide it. I think CAF wants it to always be visible. Sorry.

1 Like

Well my mute from this morning only worked for the thread I muted, not the whole section. Disappointing.

Seems huge on my IPhone 6s+. (Portrait mode)
Dominus vobiscum

OK I think I got it to work!
Search, add to list, Do NOT click to make it do anything.
For now, its gone. (Cue Homer “Woo-hoo!” Sound)
Dominus vobiscum

1 Like

Hmmm, mine is just a narrow strip about a quarter inch high…it goes across the length of the screen but isn’t intrusive.

To mute a category
Click on your icon upper right (this is iPhone 10)
Click on your name
Click on preferences
Click on preferences drop down
Click on account
Click on categories
Scroll down to Muted
Touch inside an empty area of the box
Scroll down to lounge
It should now show as muted by having the name lounge with an x next to it
Click save changes which may be hidden behind the blue box…which IS more intrusive than the iPad version! Push the screen up a bit and it’s there.

This should immediately hide the forum. If it’s still visible, refresh your screen. Hope this works! Your safari is the same as mine, I think!

Edited to change thread to category. Trying to use the same verbiage as the forum does!

1 Like

Is a bit different on the big pro. I think I got it. (Mute the forum, not the other)
Dominus vobiscum

2 Likes

Heres a screencap

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.