Can I lose heaven like Satan did?

Pardon the pun, but how the H.E. double hockey sticks can angel enjoying the beautific vision entertain and then act on thoughts of rebellion (Satan)? Does that mean that anyone who gets to heaven still isn’t really safe from eternal damnation in hell because our free will allows us to choose to be jealous of God and then we’ll be expelled like Satan was? Or do we lose our free will once we get to heaven so we’re guaranteed to stay there? Do angels have free will? They must. How else did Lucifer blow it? If I got to heaven, what would prevent me from doing the same?

stillhavntfound,

The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on how Satan was able to turn against God. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
How could Lucifer sin in heaven?**
]* Did Satan have the beatific vision?**
]* Can a saint go to hell?**
]* Why did God create Satan?**
*]Can one lose salvation?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.