Can I pick which Rosary mysteries to pray?

Hello, I recently started to pray the Rosary. I try to do this every day, but often will forget or get distracted and not have time. Additionally, I often have a hard time remembering which mysteries to pray on the days of the week.

So my question is: Does it matter which mysteries I meditate on while in prayer? For instance if I pray the Sorrowful Mysteries on a Tuesday but forget the Luminous on Thursday, is it appropriate to switch to the Luminous on Friday? I feel like this is a silly question, but it is one of those things I can’t get out of my head, so I’ll leave it to you! Thank you.

God Bless you and your ministry. Catholic Answers Live has been a source of my recent reversion to the Church and I will never forget it. Last December I was a lukewarm Catholic, but am a completely different soul now.

Steve

[FONT=Arial]The following link should assist you in better understanding the proper way to pray the rosary . If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.[/FONT]

**[FONT=Arial]Recommended **Reading:[/FONT]

[LIST]
*]What constitutes a complete rosary?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.