Can I repurpose mala beads as Jesus beads?

I can’t find catholic Jesus beads, but I don’t have much money but I found Buddhist mala beads for 1 dollar. Can I get rid of the extra 8 beads and add a crucifix and get it blessed and use it as Jesus beads.

2 Likes

I don’t see why that would be an issue. I would just make sure, as you said, to get it blessed by a Priest once you repurpose it! You could always ask your Priest his opinion on the matter, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure. It’s just beads. Pray Jesus prayers on them and they will become Jesus beads.

2 Likes

Also is it necessary to repurpose beads? Since a chotki counts to 100 can you just not use a standard Rosary with two rounds on just the decade beads?

1 Like

I know that the Saint Paul Street Evangelization sends free rosaries on request. Wouldn’t it be better to get one of those?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.