Can I return to the Catholic Church?

I have been attending the Episcopal church with my wife for the last three years. She is an Anglican Catholic. I really wanted to worship with her and as a compromise I attended her church. However, we are now both fed up with the direction that church is headed and she is wants to join the Catholic Church. I will be meeting with the local pastor next week, but I was just wondering if the Catholic Church will even take me back after attending the Episcopal church for the last few years.

Yes, of course, you can return to the Catholic Church. There is no sin so great that the Church would permanently bar that person from reconciliation with the Church and with God. Assuming that you are a confirmed Catholic and that your marriage to your wife is presumptively sacramental, all that is necessary for you to return to the Church is to go to confession. Welcome home!

Recommended reading:

Could You Ever Come Back to the Catholic Church? by Lorene Hanley Duquin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.