Can I take communion at a Church of England service?

Hello

I was born and confirmed a catholic and grew up in the is faith

I have attended mass while living in London with my mother who has since died

there are no catholic churches around me as I live in rural sussex but have attended church with my daughter who is getting married soonin a c of e church, I have had a blessing but not taken the communion

I was married in a register office many years ago and had three children who are all grown up, I still have strong religious beliefs and believe in God but was told by a catholic priest long ago that if i wanted to receive bread I had to write to a Bishop to confess me not marrying in a catholic church and for having 3 children outside ofthe catholic church?, this has put me off returning back to the church as I still belive and my view s have not changed at all

all i want to know is that can I receive the bread as god is one god throughout no matter what church or service… and we all worship him together

I will be very interested in the replies on this as I am just tempted to receive him in my local church which is anglian, they did have catholic services there but due to low attendances it was cancelled

Thank you

Vintageperson:confused:

The following links should answer your question about receiving Communion at a non-Catholic service. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

May I receive Communion with Lutherans?
Why can’t Catholics receive Protestant communion?
Does an Anglican Church Service ‘count’ if we cannot go to a Catholic Church?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.