Can I take Communion?

I was baptized a little over a year ago in a non-denominational church. I’ve been going there for about 2 years by choice (my family doesn’t go to church at all…just me). A few months ago I went to a mass and really liked it…but I didn’t take communion, as I’m not recognized as catholic and wasn’t baptized in a catholic church. When I was baptized, I was dipped in a tub of holy water after being pronounced baptized “in the name on the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”. My question is this: am I able to take communion in the catholic church if I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? I don’t mean to offend anyone with my religious standings, if my post could be taken as such. :slight_smile: I really like catholicism, and I’m actually listening to the rosary right now!
Thanks for reading!

These links should be helpful for understanding why there is no intercommunion with non-Catholics. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Who Can Receive Communion?
*]
Ecclesia de Eucharistia **(Note especially sections 43-46)
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.