Can I take communion?

Hey I am not sure about this so I figured I would come here with the question. I am 15 years old and I have just came to the church. I was wondering if I can take communion or if I have to take some kind of class for. I believe everything about it, like the fact that it does turn into the body and blood of Christ. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the Church and to this forum! There is a lot of excellent information that can help you here, especially in the Ask the Apologetics Forum where experts answer the tough questions.

Actually you shold not take Communion yet until you have properly prepared to receive the blessed sacrament.

I took the liberty of copying an answer by Fr. Serpa that somewhat applies to your question - although you may just want to go to a nearby Catholic Church, and speak with a Priest about entering into Baptism, Confirmation, etc.

Good luck and God Bless!

Just jump in. Go to a nearby Catholic Church and ask about joining the RCIA program (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults). Taking the course does not oblige you to become a Catholic. If you have any problems with this, let me know.

There is a fine book on line that gives a good over-view of the Catholic Faith: “The Spirit of Catholicism” by Karl Adam. Also you can check out the Old Catholic Encyclopedia: newadvent.org/

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.