Can I use birth control for medical reasons?

My question is, is it sinful to use pills that COULD be taken for either medical or contraceptive purposes, if the prescribed pills are simply being taken for medical issues? Long story short, my gynecologist prescribed me contraceptive pills for a very painful menstrual disease which would ultimately leave me infertile if left untreated. I do not engage in sexual intercourse (as I am not married) and my only alternative treatment would be complete removal of my uterus. Which option should I choose? I desperately want to have children one day, as I feel I have been called to do so with my future husband. Is it still contraception if I am not having sex and my reproductive system is painfully damaged?

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on using birth control medication for medical reasons. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Is it OK to take birth control pills for medical reasons?
*]Is it o.k. to take birth control pills for health reasons?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.