Can I use the Rosary of the Unborn by Holy Love?

I’m just referring to the physical set of beads. I got one of these rosaries a while ago before I knew much about these alleged apparitions and had it blessed by a priest. Now that I have learned more I don’t believe in the Holy Love Ministry and to my knowledge it was also condemned by the local bishop. I do like the look of the rosary though and since a priest blessed it, is now a valid sacramental, isn’t it? Is it okay for me to use this rosary like I would any other?

I don’t know the official rules on using rosaries, but I know you can use a shoelace with knots tied it it to pray if you want to. If youc an do that, I’m pretty sure you can use those beads that you like.

Prayers offered up honestly from the heart and directed to Christ or Our Lady will be received.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong though!

[quote="Xandria, post:1, topic:182804"]
I’m just referring to the physical set of beads. I got one of these rosaries a while ago before I knew much about these alleged apparitions and had it blessed by a priest. Now that I have learned more I don’t believe in the Holy Love Ministry and to my knowledge it was also condemned by the local bishop. I do like the look of the rosary though and since a priest blessed it, is now a valid sacramental, isn’t it? Is it okay for me to use this rosary like I would any other?

[/quote]

Of course. Rosary is a rosary is a rosary. Another poster mentioned knotted shoelaces. I have a corded Franciscan Rosary (7 decades) that I also use when reciting the Dominican Rosary. I wear this rosary daily on my belt, as it does not go clickity-clack when I walk

So does this mean that I can buy one of these rosaries if I wanted? It's just because I'm on a pilgrimage right now and a friend of mine showed me the beads, she didn't know the background but i had thought they were so cool that I looked them up to purchase my own. Then I found out about the visionary behind it, but i still want one of the rosaries is that allowed?

You may certainly use the rosary.

As to the ministry that it is tied to I found this on EWTN
The answer is short, but the link in the answer leads to a good, but disturbing, article.

So - overall, if you already have this rosary go aheand and use it - no problem. But if you dn’t already have one - don’t get one, even if you like it - because it will only serve to support an unapproved ministry.

Peace
James

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.