Can i watch mass on weekdays and go to mass on weekends

i am so busy that i cant go to mass on weekdays but can i watch daily mass on tv and go to the weekend mass

You only have a Sunday (or Saturday Vigil) obligation to go to Mass.
Daily (weekday) Mass is a wonderful thing, in addition, but is NOT an obligation. Watching the Mass on TV is wonderful.

It's very true that you have no obligation to attend weekday Mass, but I can tell you from experience that when you make a gift of time to God, He multiplies the rest of your time so that you still get everything done. If you do not have an immovable commitment at the same time as daily Mass, give it a try and see what happens. God is not outdone in generosity.

Betsy

[quote="Em_in_FL, post:2, topic:221190"]
You only have a Sunday (or Saturday Vigil) obligation to go to Mass.
Daily (weekday) Mass is a wonderful thing, in addition, but is NOT an obligation. Watching the Mass on TV is wonderful.

[/quote]

I watch the Mass just about every day. So glad it's there.

[quote="baltobetsy, post:3, topic:221190"]
It's very true that you have no obligation to attend weekday Mass, but I can tell you from experience that when you make a gift of time to God, He multiplies the rest of your time so that you still get everything done. If you do not have an immovable commitment at the same time as daily Mass, give it a try and see what happens. God is not outdone in generosity.

Betsy

[/quote]

I agree with the both. But for those who cannot attend Mass each day then:
--Watching it on TV (EWTN)
---Wathching it online (themass.com)
--Doing the Daily Readings
---or even just remember to PRAY each day

Any of the above will soothe your soul and bring you closer to Him. I think it is wonderful that you are considering trying to watch mass daily!!!
Anne

[quote="avemaria2010, post:1, topic:221190"]
i am so busy that i cant go to mass on weekdays but can i watch daily mass on tv and go to the weekend mass

[/quote]

You can attend Mass any day of the week
you can watch a televised Mass any day of the week
you are obligated to attend Mass in person on every Sunday (including evening anticipated Masses) and Holy Day of obligation, unless prevented by serious cause.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.