Can I work on Sundays?

Hello! I’m a devout Catholic who is currently attending school and looking for a part-time job to pay my bills. The trouble is that, seeing as I can only work afternoons and evenings during the week, many employers discriminate against me for not being available on Sundays to work. I’ve heard it said that some kinds of Sunday work are acceptable as long as one attends Mass, and as long as the work is the critical kind (firemen, police, doctors, etc.). I do know that one shouldn’t be working retail on Sundays.

So, my question is: seeing as I am seeking a minimum-wage job working part-time, what job exceptions are there (waiter, gas attendant, fast-food?) to being employed on Sundays? I need to know this before I get any calls for interviews.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. :slight_smile:

The following links should help answer your question about working on Sunday. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

Is it OK to work on Sunday?
Is my Sunday job considered servile work?
Can farmers harvest on Sunday?
May a Catholic nurse work on Sundays?
Can we volunteer to work on Easter if we need the money?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.