Can my bishop order me to receive Communion in the hand?

My bishop made an announcement that he wants all to receive Communion on the hand rather than the tongue due to the H1N1 (swine flu) virus. Is this okay?

Communion on the tongue is the universal normative discipline for receiving Communion in the Latin church. Communion in the hand is allowed by dispensation in some areas, including the United States. Your bishop may ask communicants to receive Communion in a particular manner when there is just reason to do so; and, out of respect for his office and for the just reason given, communicants should consider doing so, whatever their personal preference. So far as I know, a bishop cannot require a communicant to receive the host in the hand, but a communicant should not refuse such a request simply because he prefers receiving on the tongue or thinks it more reverent for him to do so.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.