Can my mother not attend my wedding?

Hello. My name is Amy and I wasrecently engaged to my boyfriend of 5 years who happens to be Jewish. I am no longer a practicing Catholic and we have decided to have a non Catholic, non Jewish wedding. We will be married by a JP and non specific religious prayers that are Judeo-Christian. My mother claims that as aCatholic, she cannot attend a wedding because it is not performed by a priest and because i am marrying a Jew. Is this true? She cant attend her own daughter’s wedding because we have differing religious views? Can she not attend a Hindi or Buddhist wedding either? Any information you have relative to this situation would be greatly appreciated and help me become more well-informed about your religion. Thank you so much for your time.

The following link should help answer your question about your mother’s attendance at your wedding. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

What are the rules for attending weddings?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.