Can my parish offer a Latin Mass?

Can any parish offer a Latin Mass? I have never been to one and would like to experience one sometime. I would think the elderly in my parish might like to experience one again, too.

If you are referring to a Tridentine Latin Mass, a Mass performed in Latin according to the rubrics in effect before the liturgical changes now in force, such a Mass requires the permission of your local bishop. I recommend calling your diocese to find out if an indult Tridentine Mass is offered in your diocese. The current eucharistic liturgy, the standard Roman order of the Mass, can be offered in Latin by a priest at his own discretion. You might ask your pastor if he is able or would be willing to offer the Mass, according to the standard Roman rite, in Latin. Otherwise, your diocese will be able to tell you where in your area such Masses are offered.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.