Can non-Catholics have their baby baptized as a Catholic?

Hello

I am new to this forum, and one of the reasons that I am on here is to ask a couple of questions. If I first briefly explain my situation then the question may have more context;

I was christened and grew up in a Church of England family. I was never confirmed although I attended church throughout my childhood into my teens. I am now married to a non Christian (Hindu). Over the last couple of years I have developed a strong faith, but have been drawn to Catholicism as opposed to Protestantism. Although I regularly attend a Catholic church, I have never taken formal steps to become a Catholic, although this is something I would like to do.

Our son was born last week, and we would both like him to be Christened. The question is, can he be baptised into the Catholic church, even though neither of his parents are catholic (yet). Clearly my wife (although happy to have him baptised) would not take part in his religious development.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

The following links should help answer your questions about Baptism. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Can a non-Catholic have her children baptized Catholic?

Do I have to be Catholic for my kids to be baptized?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.