Can non-Catholics intimately encounter God w/o the Holy Spirit living in them?

Hi,

Can non-Catholics intimately encounter God w/o the Holy Spirit living in them?

Can non-Catholics receive miracles as an answer to their prayers?

Thank you for your thoughts, Brian

Muslim friend said:

Apparently, it causes miracles for people of ALL religions & people who dont believe in religion at all

I responded:

When we pray, we have a personal intimate encounter with the living God. God loves all Human beings equally, Christian or not. He knows our hearts right where we are at and answers prayers according to His will.

I made a generalized comment above, specifically targeting those who don’t know Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and God. In my understanding, we can ONLY approach God through His Son Jesus Christ, whether we are baptized Christians and believe in Jesus, or not. If we earnestly seek to know God, He will reveal Himself to us. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, the Life, no one comes to the Father except through Him.

Simple answer…

YES!
:cool:

Non-baptised persons cannot be in a state of grace and will not participate in the Divine Nature of God. But they can receive actual graces which will lead them to the Church. Non-Catholic Christians can be in a state of grace and if they are open to God and seek to know Him and love Him will be guided by God to the Catholic Church. Non-Catholic Christians not in a state of grace can and do receive actual graces like non-baptised persons to bring them to the Catholic Church.

Can non-Catholics receive miracles as an answer to their prayers?

I would say no as such a thing would encourage them in their separation from the Church.

Yours in Jesus and Mary,
OS.

Thank you for your thoughts. Blessed Mother Mary, Please Pray for Us!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.