Can nuns adopt children?

[quote="iloveangels, post:20, topic:293795"]
You're from Ireland and you're really asking me this question? Really? Do I have to recount your own national history on this topic to you? Really?

Children are better off being adopted by families.

[/quote]

That is not an answer. That's an attempt to use an atrocity that occurred in my country to back up a statement you made.

You claim there would have to be something odd about the sister. Why do you say that? Besides throwing out the sex abuse scandals. Why is there something unnatural about a woman with a nurturing instinct?

:shrug:

[quote="AdamPeter, post:21, topic:293795"]
That is not an answer. That's an attempt to use an atrocity that occurred in my country to back up a statement you made.

You claim there would have to be something odd about the sister. Why do you say that? Besides throwing out the sex abuse scandals. Why is there something unnatural about a woman with a nurturing instinct?

:shrug:

[/quote]

This is just nonsense. Children need families, not nuns, to raise them.

[quote="iloveangels, post:22, topic:293795"]
This is just nonsense. Children need families, not nuns, to raise them.

[/quote]

I agree with you on that. I was adopted...I have an adopted brother...my question was why you think there would be something wrong with the nun?

If Rosie O’Donnell can adopt children, I’m all for a few nuns taking some kids under their wings. :wink:

Isn’t that disgusting? Can you imagine having to live with her?

At least she’s got money and they’ll probably inherit it. Not that that makes her a good parent, but it’s not a bad consolation prize.

It bothers me a great deal. She does have money, though.

[quote="WingsOfEagles, post:26, topic:293795"]
It bothers me a great deal. She does have money, though.

[/quote]

Yeah, I think that pop-saying goes: If life gives you lemons, you can always make lemonade.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.