Can one schedule a Confession?

I recently converted after a long RCIA journey, and have only had confession once. It was on one of our last RCIA meetings, and was completely unexpected! All we were told was to go a line (there were several) and confess, and we were encouraged to be very brief. I had no idea what to do, as it was my first time, and had planned on preparing for it ahead of time, but then out of the blue they told us we had to do it that night. I was in shock pretty much, and rambled on without saying anything that I had wanted to, and then it was over. Is it okay to make a scheduled confession outside of the regular time (which is only a 30 min. window, once a week, for a church with a huge number of parishioners). I haven’t been back since that first one, but would like to know exactly what to do, and also would like to actually be given the chance to confess! Also, when I start my new job in two weeks I will be working on the day that the church has scheduled confessions. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Yes, your certainly can. Just call the parish and ask to make an appointment with a priest for Confession. If you have any trouble, let me know (vserpa@catholic.com).

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.