Can Orthodox christian be my confirmation sponsor?

Hello All, I am new here,but i really love it here! I have a question. I am from UK and Roman Catholic.I would like to get confirmed.I am looking for Confirmation sponsor.I am taking it seriously and i want to chose good one.I have a very good friend and i would love her to be my sponsor.But she is Orthodox Christian.Originally she was RC but she is Orthodox now.
I was reading stuff online and i am confused.People say some Orthodox churches are not in union with Rome(like Greek one or some rites) but some are in union.She is Romanian and i have seen online that Romanian’s churches are in union with Rome.And some say its up to Father and he will decide.Can you help me please?I don’t know what to do.
Thank you in advance.

God Bless

The following link should help answer your question about being a Confirmation sponsor. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

How do I choose a sponsor for my confirmation?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.