Can someone explain the blind Muslim hatred for Israel??

Well I have this friend that’s Muslim, and earlier today we both hear something on the radio about a recent poll that was taken among “young” Muslims in America… by the way I found the poll online later on and the results are pretty interesting, here’s the link:

pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf

Anyway, the guy on the radio starts talking about how many of the younger Muslims in America actually have a favorable view of Al Qaeda (at least 5 percent?! that’s a lot!)… At this point my friend decides to make a comment “I don’t like Al Qaeda, I just want them to bomb Israel”. You have to understand comments like this one are not uncommon for him, but I’ve noticed as well that Muslims in general seem to have some kind of arbitrary hatred toward Jews in general, but ESPECIALLY anything having to do with Israel. It really confuses me that Muslims all over the world would be so fixated with this… is there some kind of explanation for it?

Oh yeah by the way my friend is also of the opinion that if Israel wasn’t there, somehow groups like Al Qaeda would cease to exist and there would be no more Islamic terrorism… I didn’t comment on that as I figured that if you’re that deluded, you’re probably not prepared to listen to anything realistic in the first place. :rolleyes: I’m not sure whether this is a common opinion amongst Muslims too, but maybe it’s just one of those things they know isn’t true but tell everyone else as an excuse for Muslims’ bad behavior? Well anyhow I found it pretty amusing… besides just plain crazy…

I guess what I’m asking basically is… can someone please give me a decent explanation of why every Muslim seems to react to mention of Israel with such blind and rabid hatred??

Israel is God’s chosen one … Not just Jews, mind you, but all who have, by merit of Christ’s work, been grafted in to Israel, as well. It is a fixation caused by envy … How this faith of theirs longs so dearly to be God’s chosen ones-- so far that they have interchanged Isaac’s name for Ishmael’s! It is hard for them to accept that God’s people are determined not merely by heritage but by his sweet Son, who calls all people to himself … It was hard for me.

Must be for others, as well.

Could it have something to do with Isaac and Ishmael?

Could it have even more to do with Mohammed and Jerusalem?

This is of Satanic origin.

Politically, one major reason for this hatred is the fact that “Palestine” used to be under Muslim control; now the state of Israel is under Jewish control. That it is under Jewish control is actually less important that the fact that it is no longer under Muslim control; a Muslim retreat is inadmissable.

Of course, it is also true that one of Israel’s major roles is to give the Arabs in the region someone to fight with, other than each other, which they would be doing, if Israel did not exist.

DaveBj (former DOD Mideast analyst)

I think that is right. It is a 4,000 year old family feud, and the religions born out of those families (Judaism and Islam) have inherited this fued.

I wrote about this before on a different thread:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=1674649#post1674649

I think that the Arab/Muslim peoples around the world in fact do find Israel a convenient target to focus their frustration and anger. There must be a complex set of thoughts that come together in the Muslim mindset over this, including possibly a type of manifest destiny much like fundamentalist Christians have over it as well (it is no secret that some Christians are looking forward to a prophetic Biblical “showdown” at Armageddon).

Perhaps, as has been suggested, for Muslims if not Israel then something else. :frowning:

The entire Middle East had at one point less than 100 years ago been cut up into colonies controlled by ‘infidels’ because the Empire of Turkey lost the Great War in Europe. Arabs were not players in that titanic struggle but their homelands were parceled out like prizes to the victors. It was humiliating in a way most of us have never had to experience in our homelands. The Pan-Arabic movement began to see hopeful progress as first one, then another nation received it’s liberty after hundreds of years of foreign domination, and then…

…the European Jews claimed Palestine for themselves.

The conflict of Israel is not one that can be simply summed up in a thread on this forum, but most of us have some opinion on it. I’ll state mine as briefly as possible.[LIST]
*]The erection of the state of Israel was not done in a just manner. Many people were deprived of their homes and properties without compansation. Those families were scattered and each had a story to tell.
*]The state of Israel has been a major practitioner of ethnic cleansing since the 1967 war. Every year it managed to insult and deprive more and more people. As a result, many of those people have left and each has had a story to tell.[/LIST]Israel purports to be a democracy, but it also claims the Biblical mandate and wants to recover the kingdom of David. Thus, it has a problem: many Israelis want the nation to expand to include Samaria and the balance of Judea (some even further). As a practical matter the captive Arab population (many already citizens within Israel) could easily outnumber the Jewish population in a few generations on the basis of the comparative birth rates alone. So…there is every possibility that the Jewish democracy could turn into an Arab democracy through ordinary means within a few generations!

To many Israelis that prospect is unconscionable. To them (in the past few decades) the best course of action has seemed to involve the twin policies of establishing settlements in the occupied zones with an eye toward annexing those lands later, and the encouragement (or coercement) of the resident Arab Christians and Muslims to leave.

The state of Israel has a record of really nasty practices in the occupied territories stretching over decades, in addition to the still unresolved issue of the return of Arab refugees to their homes and properties in the core state of Israel. People all over the world are aware of these ongoing decades of injustices, but Americans seem to be the least informed about it for some reason.

The Israeli nation has created this massive wellspring of hate which has spread around the world and focuses upon them.

Actually they purchased the land from those living there, at highly inflated prices. The Muslims were not “dispossessed”, they sold out. They have nothing to complain about. As another poster noted, if the Muslims didn’t have any non-Muslims to hate and attack, they would turn on one another, just as they are doing in Iraq. Let them destroy one another.

You are being far too simplistic and ignoring some very important historical facts.

The Jewish revolutionaries were engaging in acts of terror and creating a climate of fear. A massive number of refugees took to the roads after an incident or rumor that caused them to fear a massacre. (I cannot remember the details)

Once the panic was over and the residents were down the road in zones protected by Arabs, but the Jews would not let them back along the roads to their homes, there were many thousands of people summarily dispossessed by roadside thugs. The new state of Israel upheld that decision this is what I am referring to. I would not argue with legitimate fair purchases of property.

However, this brings up another very important point. Purchasing property does not ordinarily give one the right to set up a new government anywhere in the world. A property purchase is just that and nothing more.

Finally, Palestine was divided by a UN vote, a sort of internationally sanctioned apartheid, but the state of Israel was not content with the bounderies set for it by international agreement and expanded this area considerably by force of arms.

I think all of this initial tragedy could have been forgotten in the past if it were not for Israels behavior in the decades afterward.

After all, the United States seized 40% of Mexico and eventually those two nations became friendly anyway, so it can happen. But the United States did not engage in a policy of ethnic cleansing against the Mexicans afterward, so they were not fleeing to the far corners of the world to tell their stories and win sympathy.

Poor little Belgium won a great deal of international sympathy after the “Hun” stomped all over it. They got some good press in America. This is the same kind of thing. The original question was “why the blind Muslim hatred of Israel” and I tried to explain it in my own meager way, although it is really a very complex situation.

Another good question might be “why the blind American support of Israel?” That too would be an interesting story.

Michael

Just to clear up the language here, it is not being “looked forward” to like one would look forward to having a fun event.

Speaking to that scenario fundamentalists and others believe. The battle at Armageddon is not between muslims jews christians. At that point it would be between those who follow the anti christ and those that follow Christ.

Now certainly rabid hate of jews by not only muslims but also non christian nations and so called christians would seem to support this view of end times. So that would answer why America supports as does Britian, Canada etc as being christian nations.

(Keeping in mind when Israel gave up that land recently no one moved in and set up houses, stores, schools, they just set up guns closer and kept fighting )

End times, as the starter of the whole thing is supposed to be a war attack on Israel by the neighbours to the north. Probably in support of another country who cant attack. Due to propersterity in the region so blind hate ensues. Then a man will come and bring peace and everyone will be soo pleased they will eventually worship him. But it will be a false peace.

Its not anything to look forward too, if it went that way, I assure you.

Mostly because Mohammad hated the Jews and Muslims feel compelled to do as Muhammed did be it mostly true or not.

I think he hated them because he felt the Jews (and Christians) would be natural allies in the spread of his monotheism because some event from the supernatural affected him. The first half of his 20+ year prophetic period had few converts and much boycott/ridicule by Arabs and Jews until he fled his hometown.

He was sensitive and did not like being made fun of. I think he felt betrayed that Jews would not accept him as a true prophet. When Mohammed became a political and military power his religion became law. Search the qur’an for “Jews”.

If someone believed in Mohamed like you believe in Christ- would you expect them to emulate the founder of their faith as you try Yours?

Israel- particularly Jerusalem is another element to the hate. I’m sure you know the history.

The Iranian President says why often. He does not like UNR 181 as any Moslem I have heard of hasn’t either. What started in 1947 is the current focus of hate, and because their founder only said what god told him to say:

Because of the wrongdoing of the jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them, and because of their much hindering from Allah’s way,
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #160)

And the jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #120)

O ye who believe! Take not the jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #51)

why they hate is clearly written.

Or maybe I am mistaken.

The role of Arab leaders in urging the Arab population to leave is similarly well-documented. Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said, declared:
We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to safe areas until the fighting has died down.

The Secretary of the Arab League Office in London, Edward Atiyah, wrote in his book, The Arabs:
This wholesale exodus was due partly to the belief of the Arabs, encouraged by the boastings of an unrealistic Arabic press and the irresponsible utterances of some of the Arab leaders that it could be only a matter of weeks before the Jews were defeated by the armies of the Arab States and the Palestinian Arabs enabled to re*enter and retake possession of their country.

In his memoirs, Haled al Azm, the Syrian Prime Minister in 1948*49, also admitted the Arab role in persuading the refugees to leave:
Since 1948 we have been demanding the return of the refugees to their homes. But we ourselves are the ones who encouraged them to leave. Only a few months separated our call to them to leave and our appeal to the United Nations to resolve on their return.

Monsignor George Hakim, a Greek Orthodox Catholic Bishop of Galilee told the Beirut newspaper, Sada al*Janub (August 16, 1948):
The refugees were confident their absence would not last long, and that they would return within a week or two. Their leaders had promised them that the Arab armies would crush the ‘Zionist gangs’ very quickly and that there was no need for panic or fear of a long exile.

One refugee quoted in the Jordan newspaper, Ad Difaa (September 6, 1954), said:
The Arab government told us: Get out so that we can get in. So we got out, but they did not get in.
www.palestinefacts.org/pf_independence_refugees_arabs_why.php

Finally, Palestine was divided by a UN vote, a sort of internationally sanctioned apartheid, but the state of Israel was not content with the bounderies set for it by international agreement and expanded this area considerably by force of arms.

UNR 181, and the Arabs attacked Israel the day after they declared Independence, and lost badly like they did in 1967, 72. Israel should have kept all land seized in the 82 & 06 conflicts as well.

I think all of this initial tragedy could have been forgotten in the past if it were not for Israels behavior in the decades afterward.

After all, the United States seized 40% of Mexico and eventually those two nations became friendly anyway, so it can happen. But the United States did not engage in a policy of ethnic cleansing against the Mexicans afterward, so they were not fleeing to the far corners of the world to tell their stories and win sympathy.

The Mexicans are now invading looking for work, the Palestinains invading Israel are looking for heaven.

Another good question might be “why the blind American support of Israel?” That too would be an interesting story.

Michael

It is a good story.

How can a person say this?

“can someone please give me a decent explanation of why every Muslim seems to react to mention of Israel with such blind and rabid hatred??”

Why hasn’t anybody said this is an unfair question? Every Muslim? Blind and rabid hatred?

If anyone said that about Jews or Catholics people would have a fit!

I know Muslims that do NOT react anything like that. And I do know Jews who seem to hate something like all Muslims.

4,000 year old family feud? Most Jews in Israel today are of Russian (white European) descent. Most Palestinians today are descendants of the original Jewish community in Palestine during Jesus’ time and prior. Thus, the Israelis of today are more related to the Europeans than to their Arab neighbors. Also, Islam wasn’t born till 600-700 AD. How could it be a “family feud”?

About 50% of the jews in Israel are from the Middle East. They are the jews, and their decendents, who were expelled from the Arab Muslim countries after WWII. They were most sent to live in Israel. The governments of those countries confescated everything the expelled Jews owned. So only about 1/2 of the Jews in Israel came from Europe. I do believe that most of them do have ancesteral ties to the early jews… its just that their ancestors were driven out of Israel.

Simply because Israel has occupied Muslims lands and they kill Muslims everyday they destroy their homes upon them, they kill kids, women…
Simply Israel is illegal country it has been established by killing people.

Check the following small samples:

answering-christianity.com/pali_torture.htm

revisionisthistory.org/palestine46.html

revisionisthistory.org/palestine52.html

allaahuakbar.net/jew/israeli_massacres.htm

Oh, I see. And this is all a one-sided affair? Wasn’t Israel there in Jerusalem and the outlying areas long before the Muslims?

I mean, what does the Dome on the Rock sit atop of? The Jewish Temple. No, wait, the SECOND Jewish Temple.

The problem is fairly straightforward; the expulsion of some 800,000 Palestinians from modern Israel after the creation of the Jewish state in 1948. Muslim and Arab leaders have used this as a drumbeat to stir up anger (but really to garner support for their own political careers). Most Muslims regard this as a grave historical injustice, perhaps the same if a great power had invaded a country such as Germany or the UK, expelled most of its population, and re-settled it with natives from the great power itself. The anger towards the West is based a great deal on the support given to Israel by Europe (particularly by the UK and US).

Didn’t all of these Muslim countries agree to take in the Palestinians? I think they could actually care less about the Palestinians and are using them just to grind the axe of their hatred for the Jews.

I mean, where is the outrage when Muslims kill Muslims. Nothing.

Muslim nations talk a good talk,but noone has even admitted Palestinian refugees in. The sand Arabs treat them like dung. Most of the Palestinians get taken for a ride without knowing it. Hatred really blinds these people.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.