Can someone explain the Powerful Novena of Childlike Confidence to me?

Hey everyone,

Well, I’ve always been rather confused about the Powerful Novena of Childlike Confidence.

gdansk.bradley.edu/olekmali/prayers/PrayerChildlikeConfidence.jpg

I’ve seen this image venerated everyhwhere. In the Church that I grew up in, there is a statue and all. But I’ve never actually known exactly what it is. Who is the person in the picture? I would appreciate some explanation here.

Thanks! God Bless You!

-Jeanne

The image you’re referring to is the Infant of Prague (Baby Jesus as King of the world.) We had the same statue in the church I grew up in as well; unfortunately the church was vandalized several years ago and the statue was damaged beyond repair.

Blessed be God forever.

This novena is very powerful, I can personally attest to it. Its a surprise to me more Catholics don’t use it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_Jesus_of_Prague

Good writeup on the history of the Infant of Prague statue from 1628.

Please get the word out about this novena, its amazing and has a very special part in my life. It is beautiful and I just can’t describe much more about it then it working purely with Love and the Holy Spirit.

I have a question: in order to say the 9 hr novena, do you have to be in front of a statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague? Or can you have a holy card image of him? Do you have to be at a church or go to the church in Prague?

I have never heard of that; I think just the prayer is sufficient, but looking at the image can’t hurt!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.