Can someone give me a deeper insight about the relationship between Christ and the Father?

Can someone give me a deeper insight about the relationship between Christ and the Father?

I’ve heard Bishop Sheen’s explanation about the Trinity and I have to say it was mind-blowing.

americancatholictruthsociety.com/sheen/11TheBlessedTrinity.mp3

But I want some more insight about the relationship between Christ and the Father.

I haven’t heard Sheen’s presentation, and couldn’t get the link to work.

You might find the following web link of interest:

ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/CATHEVID.HTM

This link will take you to the “CATHOLIC EVIDENCE TRAINING OUTLINES” and in course two they have a section on the Trinity that is quite thought provoking. Just look at the index on the opening page and then scroll down until you find it.

I knew most of it, since it was covered up in Bishop Sheen’s talk. By the way, the link I gave you works perfectly on my computer. I don’t know why it doesn’t on yours.

I’m still looking for a deeper insight. Anyone?

I tried it again…it is currently downloading. Gremlins in the PC made it hiccup?:eek:

Do you mean “eternal generation?”

God Bless,
Michael

No. How do they relate to each other? What do they think about each other? Why does the Son subject himself to the Father when he is also 100% God?

The relationship between Christ and the Father is simple: They are one in the same - as is the Holy Spirit.

ONE God in three persons, not three persons in one God. If you think Jesus did not exist until he was born of Mary, you may be confused by this. The Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit have existed since the beginning of time When any of the three persons of the Godhead act, they all act.

So, in answer to “what do they think about each other”, they think what you think about yourself.

The Divine Jesus did not subject himself to the Father because he is the Father (none of the three persons Father, Son or Holy Spirit can argue with each other because they are not individual Gods). The Human Jesus subjected himself to the will of the Father out of love for worthless man.

Help any or did I just muddy it up?

Also, see this thread, reply #4:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=258721

I think he eventually will.

“When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one.” (1 Cor 15:28)

Try the book Theology For Beginners by F.J. Sheed. It has very good chapters on The Blessed Trinity, and The Three Persons.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.