Can someone give me a list of sins found in the New testamnet?

Like adultery,blasphemy,lying,… Can someone give me a list of sins that the New testament mentions?

Jesus pretty well covers everything in the Sermon on the mount…Matthew Chapters 5,6,7…

Paul has a list of those who will not inherit the Kingdom…but I don’t know specifically where…It includes blasphemers, fornicators, sodomizers, and others…

Jesus summarizes the Law and the Prophets in two commandments in Mt 22:36-40 and gives a new command in John 13:34-35…
These are positive commands…but one can easily see “sin” as being those things which oppose the law of Love as given by Christ…

Peace
James

I will quote some New Testament that lists sins.

“Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, cdivisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that dthose who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Gal. 5:19-21).

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor. 6:9-10).

“The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine” (1 Tim. 1:9-10).

“Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God” (Eph. 5:4-5).

“Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming. In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. But now you must put them all away: ranger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another” (Col. 3:5-9).

Yep, no gettin around them!
peace, Carlan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.