Can someone help me with the claims in this video please?

uccspace.net/146037

Why post transparent untrue and transparently anti-Catholic propaganda on a Catholic website, Mikaela?

Learn about the Catholic truths from a proper source, eg,
The Catechism of the Catholic Church:
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

I recommend Karl Keating’s book “Catholicism and Fundamentalism” it deals with some of the issues raised here. Also, you should check out a book which is also a series of radio programs by Patrick Madrid called “Pope fiction” it will help.

FYI. Vicarius filii dei is not, nor has it ever been the “official” title of the Pope. I checked out some of the other videos on this sight and to use an ad hominem…he’s a nut.

The quintessential advocate of this position is a vehemently anti-Catholic man called Dave Hunt. He wrote a book on it called A Woman Rides The Beast.

The man who set up Catholic Answers, Karl Keating, has written an excellent refutation of all things Fundamentalist called Catholicism & Fundamentalism. If you are in any way concerned about the claims made on this video, I would highly recommend you read it.

Truly it makes me shudder to think what these people say about our Blessed Mother. Trust me, there’s no mileage in this strange, extremist, minority, position. It’s history is revisionist, a fabrication which no respected scholar would agree with. It takes Scripture out of context and makes a mockery of salvation history.

You might want to have a look at this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=344

This tract:

catholic.com/tracts/hunting-the-whore-of-babylon

And this article:

catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=875

I have to say that personally, I find the claims of Fundamentalism extremely intellectually weak. They don’t even address any clear philosophical problems an uninitiated believer might hold with Christianity, rather they attempt to hi-jack Catholicism from a much later theological position born of the Reformation. Personally, I fail to see how any believing Christian could not ask themselves why God got it wrong for the best part of 1600 years after the establishment of the New Covenant, and it took a German Augustinian monk to hatch the theological egg laid by Erasmus. Even then the evidence of Protestantism in all it’s guises, is that it is fracture and dissemination. The Catholic Church still holds to the same truths it always has, and those truths are Apostolic in origin. Despite this I can see why it is uniquely seductive for Americans, perhaps in the same way Mormonism is uniquely seductive for Americans.

who the heck are these peoples… god the mother???

I’m not going to bother giving them a hit by watching the video. Here are the relevant quick answers.

The Basics, Including Mother of God
The Communion of Saints
Behold your Mother - All About Mary
Scriptural Proofs for the Marian Doctrines
Jewish Origins of Catholic Devotions

[quote=FightingFat]Truly it makes me shudder to think what these people say about our Blessed Mother. Trust me, there’s no mileage in this strange, extremist, minority, position. It’s history is revisionist, a fabrication which no respected scholar would agree with. It takes Scripture out of context and makes a mockery of salvation history.
[/quote]

It may be a product of general misogyny/misomaternity (anger towards women or their own mother) or simply the fact that Our Lady is the Exterminatrix of All Heresies. Correct belief about Christ leads to correct belief about His Mother and vice versa. Therefore a heretic may wage a hate-campaign against Our Lady to justify his own existence and avoid dealing with his own sins.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.