can someone help me with this

short story my life is filled with struggles starting from birth, pretty much a miracle saved my life as a baby from lead posioning

i ran into a strange woman 2 years ago and which i still think about…

this woman came up to me and my friends saying could she use our fire from the cookout grill, we said sure she had a handful of missing children/people letters and said i they where not found she would burn them in there memory…

so she said if she takes our hands she could tell us about or lives and whats in store…
so she went down person by person and was right on the money with everyone,

she then came to me i said i dident want to do this, she said dont be scared

i gave her my hand and instantly she said oh buddy your not doing what your supposed to,
she pulled me aside and told me she was sorry for everything ive been through it must have been tough to see my father die, this woman dident know me for anything…but she was right about everything…

she then said my guardian angel was st michael, since day one god wanted me to be protected bu his right hand man…she said i was part of a very few selected people to spread gods word, and battle for god…she said she was sorry but god is prepping me for the tough times to come, i am not an army soldier but i am very competitve and willing to do anything for someone who needs help, ive always felt this way…

she told me she was pleased to meet me for she had meet one of gods soldiers…she said my type are born for a reason to do what others cant and make tough decisions in the good of man…

i dident know what to make of this but at the end of our talk she started to tear and said she was so pleased to have met me…she knew everything about me and told me that arch angel michael has been trying to give me signs of my destiny…

this is very chilling but confusing at the same time, but i am always in the situation of helping someone in trouble…

is this serious or is this a just a mis understanding

Some people are gifted, who knows. I’d take it with a grain of salt still.
She seems like a special, but strange lady. :slight_smile: Very interesting encounter!

It sounds interesting, however, I would not chart my destiny on what a stranger tells me at a cookout. If you are confused, look into getting a spiritual advisor who will be better able to help you discern your vocation.

Did she by chance mention the lead poisoning ?

I would not put any faith in what she said.

don’t put any stock in what she said. its entirely coincidental. be on the watch always for spritism.

I would NOT let anyone take my hand in order to tell my future. God does not want us to consult mediums! So don’t do that again!

Mediums and psychics can tell you true things about yourself, about your past particularly and I suppose your future. And legitimate mystics can, too - (although the real mystics who are with God alone don’t hang a sign on their door!) The main thing is Our Lord doesn’t want us to consult mediums about our future; our future should be in His hands, and we need to trust in Him. A concern is that that well-meaning people with a psychic gift could be used by the evil one, telling you enough true things about yourself to gain your trust, telling your true things about your future, but with just enough false in them to poison the whole things. Thats how the devil works.

You ask, “Is this serious or is this a just a misunderstanding?” If I were you I would always say to myself, “I can* never* be sure. It might have been seriously about my life and it might have been a big hoax. I don’t need to know, I only need to trust in the Lord, one day at a time.” Trusting in the Lord takes a daily, hourly choice of the will, and it takes practice, and its what Our Lord wants us to do.

So, then there is that possibility that she is a true mystic. I am not eliminating that possibility because the things she said. They sound like legitimate prophecy, IMO. (Beware, mine is not an expert opinion!).

So here is my own opinion about what she told you, FWIW (since you are seeking opinions).

(I copied what you /she said in blue):

i gave her my hand and instantly she said oh buddy your not doing what your supposed to, Well,* are* you doing what you are supposed to do? See the Catechism. What is the purpose of our life? It is this: " God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next." Jesus tells us that the first and greatest commandment is to* "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ * So, that is what you are supposed to be doing with your life. If it already is what you are doing, then that woman was not telling you the truth.

she pulled me aside and told me she was sorry for everything ive been through it must have been tough to see my father die, this woman dident know me for anything…but she was right about everything… Well, the devil imitates the things of God and there are a plethera of psychic mediums that the devil uses that could have looked at you and told you the same things. But, there is that possibility she was a true mystic.

she then said my guardian angel was st michael, since day one god wanted me to be protected by his right hand man…she said i was part of a very few selected people to spread gods word, and battle for god…she said she was sorry but god is prepping me for the tough times to come, i am not an army soldier but i am very competitve and willing to do anything for someone who needs help, ive always felt this way…

Well, I must say, this does not sound like anything the evil one would say. It sounds like it comes from the other direction…

Many modern day prophets do say we are headed for very tough times. I believe it.

she told me she was pleased to meet me for she had meet one of gods soldiers…she said my type are born for a reason to do what others cant and make tough decisions in the good of man…

i dident know what to make of this but at the end of our talk she started to tear and said she was so pleased to have met me…she knew everything about me and told me that arch angel michael has been trying to give me signs of my destiny…

There is no reason why you cannot adopt St. Michael as your guardian angel - not just becasue of what she said but becase we all can rely on him. Read and learn about St. Michael the Archangel and let it speak to your heart. I particularly like the mention (its brief, but powerful) of the apparition of St. Michael to the children at Fatima, in the wonderfuly written book Fatima, by William Thomas Walsh.

I just have to say, it sounds believeable. Just my opinion. If you are to be used by God (and we* all* are, if we only let Him) you will be a target of spiritual attack, and you will want to call on St. Michael for protection anyway. Remember always that God pours out his extraodianry graces in the ordinary sacraments of the Catholic Church.* Its all you need to fortify.* A weekly Adoration Hour should be a must for you! While you are there, you should read St. Louis de Montfort’s Total Consecretion to Mary!

Below are some links on St. Michael…

newadvent.org/cathen/10275b.htm
magnificat.ca/cal/engl/05-08.htm
freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2246754/posts

I love the story of Mont St. Michael! Check out the google images!
google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMZ_enUS384US384&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=990&bih=630&q=mont%20St.%20Michael&tbs=isch:1

As legitimate as this gift appeared to be, I too would be very uneasy about this encounter. It is not clear to me from whom this lady received the gift. Some books on deliverance mention the transfer of evil spirits through contact also.

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to discuss this with a priest who has an appreciation for deliverance ministry and the like. Just sayin’.

In another thread in this part of the Forum, I spoke of the Burns and Oates Penny Catechism. I don’t remember it “off by heart”, but do recall that one of the answers referred to “spiritualists, fortune tellers, dreams and such like fooleries”:wink:

I think that answers this question

Tax Collector

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.