Can someone help me?

I’m not Catholic, but my friend is. She is getting Conformed (sp?) and I wanted to get her something special. I was thinking about getting her a family Bible, but I don’t know which version is right. Can anyone tell me which would be good.

I tried to post this on another board a few days ago and my post isn’t there. I am currently cat sitting at her house while she is on vacation. She comes home late tonight and I don’t have internet. If someone can answer this for me today I would be very greatful.

Thank you,
Sarah

Hi, Sarah -

Your friend is receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. It is a wonderful, beautiful confirmation of our faith and your desire to get her something to commemorate this is admirable.

May I suggest a website for you? JustCatholic.com has some very nice things that would be appropriate as presents for your friend.

God Bless you!

Hi Sarah,

I Catholic bible would be nice. Try going to The** Catholic Company**

Get the New American Bible for Catholics. There’s a great big Parish Edition. I love my copy.

Also consider one of those epoxy statues of St. Michael the Archangel, sword drawn, standing on Satan’s head. I look at it every day, and it reminds me to pray to St. Michael.

[quote=BibleReader]Get the New American Bible for Catholics. There’s a great big Parish Edition. I love my copy.

Also consider one of those epoxy statues of St. Michael the Archangel, sword drawn, standing on Satan’s head. I look at it every day, and it reminds me to pray to St. Michael.
[/quote]

Where did you get that statue? I would like to get one for the 9 year old…

I think the previous responses have been great. Personally, though, I would recommend the Catechism of the Catholic Church. For a Bible, I would recommend the RSV-CE (Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition). Do NOT get the NSRV (the new standard revised version), as it has been infected with inclusive language to make it more politically correct (or so I’ve heard). May God bless you for your thoughtfulness for your friend!

Some places I’ve shopped - www.totallycatholic.com

www.getfed.com

www.ewtn.com

They will have many gift ideas!

[quote=LSK]Where did you get that statue? I would like to get one for the 9 year old…
[/quote]

catholicbook.net/stmicstat.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.