Can someone put Holy Water in their bath?

My grandmother and most of my family is protestant, my grandma likes to use Holy Water though. I am not sure she fully understands sacramental yet and I think she put some in her bath water today. U decided instead of getting mad, I would ask if this is okay. One can sprinkle Holy Water on the floors of rooms, so could one poor some in one's bath water?

[quote="Lead_Me_Home, post:1, topic:182583"]
My grandmother and most of my family is protestant, my grandma likes to use Holy Water though. I am not sure she fully understands sacramental yet and I think she put some in her bath water today. U decided instead of getting mad, I would ask if this is okay. One can sprinkle Holy Water on the floors of rooms, so could one poor some in one's bath water?

[/quote]

You know, I can't really say. It sounds like something maybe exclusive to one person. I would ask a priest.

Well... we are allowed to put it anywhere really(and think of blessed salt too, it just goes anywhere). Try asking the Apologists.

I know of someone who makes coffee with it (clean holy water, not used and dirty) when some unbelieving relatives come for dinner. And my roommate puts some in a spray bottle and sprays it around her department at work. In both cases they're asking God to bless these other people. I don't think it's wrong to put holy water in a bath if the person's asking for blessings on herself or maybe praying for healing. Strange maybe, but not wrong.

Given we can put it on our bodies; why not “around” our bodies by immersion?

Ask the Apologists forum.

ICXC NIKA.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.