Can someone remarry who was divorced against their will?

Hello, my question pertains to a relationship I have. This man I am dating was previously married for 3 years. His wife tried to leave him once, but he convinced her to stay and suggested they go to marriage counseling. They completed the marriage counseling and was under the impression that things were fine. At the end of 3 years, she left while he was away, cut off all contact, and was forced into divorce against his will. He still hasn’t heard from her. Now he has met me and is pursuing a relationship with me. I know God hates divorce (as do I and as does this man). My question is, can he remarry since he was divorced against his will? Thanks in advance.

The following link should help answer your question. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:[

Are Both People in a Divorce Viewed Equally by the Catholic Church?]("http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=486467&highlight=divorce")

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.