Can the Church change?

I became a Roman Catholic not to long ago, and i was so happy to be able to call myself Catholic… And i still shout it loud and proud i might add. :slight_smile:

But my question, and also concern is all this talk of the church changing its teachings.
I here from Ewtn-CNA and many other Catholic Networks that the Synod, the Pope, and many other people are wanting to change the teachings of the church.

Now this to me just does not seem possible, i mean its not up to man to make God like decisions. So how can the Church change what cannot be changed.

I have a brother who is Homosexual and i still love him very much, but i cannot ever support him to get married and have same sex relations. Holy scriptures says it plain and clear.

And also all this talk about allowing contraception in certain cases or even to allow abortion?

Can someone please help me to understand what is going on? I want the truth and i know sometimes when reading an article or listening to a report on tv can be miss understood or even lies.

I thank all of you who can help me understand what going on for real.

The truth is like a lion you don’t have to defend it, let is loose and it will defend itself.
St. Augustine

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Is It a Doctrine or a Discipline?
*]Can Dogma Develop?
*]Can Doctrine Develop?
*]Can the Church change its doctrines?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.