Can the Pill be taken for medical reasons?

I am hoping that a female apologist will answer my question. Okay, a female friend of mine asked me this question, and I told her I didn’t know, and since neither of us knew the answer I decided to ask. Can a girl take “the Pill,” if it is not used a birth control, rather used to make her to become “regular,” if it has been recomended by a doctor?

[quote=StMichael88]Can a girl take “the Pill,” if it is not used a birth control, rather used to make her to become “regular,” if it has been recomended by a doctor?
[/quote]

Yes, the Pill can be taken for non-contraceptive medical reasons, such as regulating a woman’s menstrual cycles. Alternative treatment options are available for treating irregular periods, and a woman interested in learning more about them should contact the Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.