Can we take a minute

Our friend Chevalier posts here mostly it seems. I thought we should all share with him our condolences about the tragedy that has happened to his country’s leadership. Our prayers are with our good friend, Poland, and all the Polish people, who have endured so much in the last century, but given the world so much in return.

For those who haven’t heard about the plane crash, their equivalent of Air Force One was travellling to Russia for the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre. It crashed near landing. Everyone on board was killed. While the Russians have not officially admitted responsibility for it (blaming it on the Nazis), Vladimir Putin was in attendance.

We are so sorry, Chev. :frowning: Your country’s leaders were good and trustworthy friends to the USA. They will be missed here also.

That this would happen as we celebrate Divine Mercy, may St Faustina and Pope John Paul pray for the people of Poland and for the whole world!

For the sake of His sorrowful passion...

I just read that Bishop Tadeusz Ploski of the Polish Military was on that plane.

Five years ago Pope John Paul II died on the Saturday before Divine Mercy Sunday as well, didn't he?

:(

Prayers for the people of Poland.... I'm so sorry for their tragic loss. :(

Prayers for all the people of Poland. A tragic loss.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Praying... :gopray: Thx for the thread Liberano.

[LEFT]Praying. :gopray:
[/LEFT]

I just returned from the 6:00 p.m. Mass at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Moscow, the "Polish Church." To get there we walked by the Polish Embassy. Chevalier, I hope that it will be a consolation for you to know how many bouquets of flowers have been left by Russians at the Polish Embassy 's gate. The Russian media were also there, and at the church where a beautiful arrangement of candles and the Polish flag has already been set up by the crucifix in the narthex. You have my prayers for the souls of those who were on that plane, and for the people of Poland.

May they all rest in the peace of Christ for eternity - and may the Holy Spirit guide the country through the days and months ahead as they choose new leaders.

~Liza

Prayers for all of Eastern Europe. Chev may you find some solace in this. We are here for you in your sorrow.

Praying for all the victims of this tragedy...horrible...

Was so saddened to hear of the loss their country is suffering. Praying.

Thank you for posting this. We have a wonderful Polish priest. His parents, and many friends and relatives live in Poland. I am heading to Mass now. Chevalier, my prayers are with you and yours. My priest and the people of Poland have been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Our priest is leading the Divine Mercy Chaplet tomorrow in the Polish church in our parish, with 4 Masses to say between now and then. This must weigh heavy on his heart, and on the hearts of so many. God bless.

My prayers are with the people of Poland and especially the families who lost loved ones

:crossrc:

Praying for our Polish brothers and sisters. May the President and all those on board the plane be welcomed by our Savior into heaven with John Paul II looking on.

[quote="kage_ar, post:2, topic:194215"]
That this would happen as we celebrate Divine Mercy, may St Faustina and Pope John Paul pray for the people of Poland and for the whole world!

For the sake of His sorrowful passion...

[/quote]

Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

St Fustina pray for us!

[quote="Liberanosamalo, post:4, topic:194215"]
Five years ago Pope John Paul II died on the Saturday before Divine Mercy Sunday as well, didn't he?

:(

[/quote]

Yep, he died on the Vigil of Divine Mercy Sunday, AND it was also the First Saturday. (He attributed his assisination survival to Our Lady of Fatima.)

My prayers for Chev, and the country of Poland. :gopray:

Prayers!

Praying.:gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.