Can we take up a collection to buy the Hedonists their own country?

Why not buy several hundred thousand acres or a small country in a temperate climate for them to go? They’ll want to go there because they will be able to stimulate the pleasure centers of their brains more frequently, which is their goal in life for many of them. This will be a “win” for them since they would be with like-minded people, it will be a win for us because they won’t be here to pervert our kids, it will be a win for God because some stubborn people unfortunately need to hit rock bottom before they see the light. We can help them see the light faster so they live in depth for a longer period of time. Then we can finally have a socially responsible media that isn’t tempting us away from God and into the perpetual pursuit of shallow amusements that don’t last.

I’m starting to believe that they honestly believe they’re going to institute their perverted version of social justice on the rest of us.

I’m sure at least one of them has thought of this by now, so why are they not at least living in communes by now like most other movements? :confused:

Hehe well you might run into some legal trouble with that…

[quote= The United States Constitution]New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
[/quote]

(Article 4 Section 3)

But on a more serious note, I don’t think hedonists will ever group together, at least not like how the Mormons did or the Amish. I feel like they’re too spread out to really get a huge following (that’s how it is where I live anyway).

I suppose the best cure here is education. If they’re looking for a debate, take them on. Moral relativism can easily be refuted, so if they’re looking for it don’t be afraid to bring it :smiley:

My advice anyway. I’m not an expert on this so my 2 cents aren’t much :o

I really don’t think hedonists would ultimately like living with their own kind. No one there would do the responsible things in life, because it’s not always fun.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.