Can we write our own wedding vows?

Hello. I am writing to ask a question regarding a wedding ceremony in a Catholic Church. We are looking to change a few words in our wedding vows to eliminate all the negativity from the vows, and extending our love from “until death do us part” to all eternity. Could you tell us if the church would still consider the wedding as a sacrament with the following updated vows.

From this:
I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

To this:
I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward throughout all of the eternity. I am anticipating that as we move forward in this life together, we will have the ultimate of all positive experiences attracting happiness to our life and inspiring happiness in everyone around us.

No, a couple cannot change the wedding vows for any reason.

In addition to the fact that no one may change the vows, the vows your propose are theologically incorrect. Marriage lasts "until death does us part" not "eternity." Marriage is also a commitment to each other through thick and thin. By only mentioning the good times you are distorting the meaning of the commitment.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.