Can you answer this moral question?

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, so here it goes.

I’m a managing partner at an architectural firm and we have been asked to design a medical office building that will be used for several medical processes. The issue we are having amongst the partners is the following: The client is a Reproductive Endocrinologist and practices IVF. My two partners and I are trying to determine if it’s morally wrong for us to presue this project. One partner is totally against it, one partner is for it, and I’m on the fence. Although I don’t agree about this practices, I’m not in the baby business, I’m in the designing building business.

This project would be a large financial blessing for us, but is it wrong morally for us to take this project on? I don’t know. I just think, at which point to you draw the line? If we don’t take this on, well would it be wrong to take on a hospital job, where other things go on that is not morally correct? I’m just lost and need some help.

Blessings, Raul

Hi Raul,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I suggest that you contact the National Catholic Bioethics Center. This is their specialty.

ncbcenter.org/consultation/individual-consultation-services/

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.