Can you give a brief summarization on the difference between Episcopal Eucharist (low), Anglican service, and Catholic Mass?

I am Episcopalian but raised in both Catholic and Episcopal churches. How does the Anglican Church fit in with both religions? I am finding that the Episcopal parishes I attend have become very low.

Dear friend,

When the Easter Orthodox churches broke with Rome, the remained in agreement with Rome that the celebration of the Eucharist is a celebration of the same sacrifice of Good Friday. As a result Rome still recognizes the validity all of their sacraments.

When the Protestant reformers rejected belief in the Eucharist as a celebration of the one sacrifice of Calvary, their rite of ordination (and therefore their celebrations of the Eucharist) was no longer valid. This is just as true of all forms of Anglicanism, including both low and high churches–beginning during the reign of King Edward VI.

See:catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=955

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.