Can you give me some info on the pontifical universities in Rome?

Hello everyone!

I’m a 15 year old boy from new york who wants to become a priest. I’m planning on attending the Catholic University of America for undergraduate, but i have a few questions about why happens after that. I obviously will go to seminary, and i always assumed that i would go to the local one, but i saw that the Pontifical North American University in Rome has a seminary. Can i go there instead? Also, i would like to attend the Pontifical Gregorian University after i graduate from the seminary, and i was wondering how hard it is to get accepted?

God Bless,
Luke

Hi Luke,

First, you need to be accepted as a seminarian in a particular diocese. Then after getting to know you and your abilities. the bishop and/or those in charge of formation will determine where you are to study. If they should send you to Rome, you may study at the North American College or one of the other pontifical universities such as the Gregorianum, the Angelicum, etc.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.