Can you help me find alternatives to birth control pills or Depo shots?

I am interested in finding a website I heard about on EWTN radio. I have been attending mass and RCIA classes. My husband and I have been married for 20 years. I took BCP’s for many years then, after I turned 35 I began taking the Depo shots. Now, I’m 38 and becoming Catholic and realize the wrongness of my ways. I was due a “shot” back in May and didn’t take it.

I originally began taking the “pill” because my periods were always horrific and constant. I understand there is an alternative medicine and am very interested. I know now that physicians are usually too quick to prescribe birth control pills to “cure” the problems of their patients.

Please let me know about the Catholic website that deals with this! I hope I’m not too late and maybe I can have a baby…but if not, I’ll be ok.

I’m so sad that I’ve done this to myself.

Thank you for your time.

Congratulations on your decision to become Catholic! I will be praying for you. Please don’t be anxious about your situation (Phil 4:6). Nothing is impossible with God (Luke 18:27). A good Catholic website for information and resources (Catholic OBGYN doctors) concerning reproductive issues, I recommend One More Soul.

I also recommend the Morning Offering prayer:

O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world,
in reparation for my sins,
for the intentions of all my relatives and friends,
and in particular
for the intentions of the Holy Father.
Amen.
Source

God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.