Can you help me find an orthodox parish?

My family is moving to the West Los Angeles area from Texas. If anyone can recommend a good, orthodox parish in the area, we would greatly appreciate it.

Being that we are part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, that might be somewhat difficult. This might be a good resource for you though:

losangelesmission.com/ed/roamincatholic/index.htm

It gives a glimpse of various parishes around Los Angeles.

I hope you have found an area that you will enjoy living. Welcome to Southern California.

Thanks for the welcome to Southern California. So far we are feeling culture shock - hopefully once we find a holy, vibrant, orthodox parish - perhaps this will start to feel like home. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the welcome to Southern California. So far we are feeling culture shock - hopefully once we find a holy, vibrant, orthodox parish - perhaps this will start to feel like home. Thanks for your help.

I’m always curious…define Orthodox. In my area of the nation…run largely by Benedictans, that’s a schismatic group…ie Russian, Greek, etc.

John

I’ve only attended one Catholic Church in LA when visiting family. It is St. Charles Borremeo, 10828 Moorpark Street. North Hollywood. It’s right off the 101 on the corner of Moorpark and Lankershim.

I have no idea how near or far that is from where you are, but it seemed very orthodox on the occasions I have attended. The liturgy did not have any abuses. I think there is a school there as well. It’s a beautiful church in the Spanish mission style.

Since this is a Catholic website, when I used the word “orthodox”, I am referring to the true meaning of the word, which is “correct teaching”. We are looking for a Catholic parish that follows the teaching of the universal Catholic Church.

Thanks for the lead on St. Charles Borremeo. North Hollywood is quite a distance from us, but we will go visit the parish.

St. Gerard Majella in Mar Vista!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.